CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pesky Customers!

Have you ever had a bad day at work, and it was all because of one pesky customer that bothered you for only 5 minutes??? Well yesterday was one of those days for me. Iam an insurance agent, people come to me for their insurance needs & questions. So my take on the whole situation is, don't tell me the way insurance should be and especially don't tell me that I don't know what Iam talking about. Can you tell it made me mad?? So as Iam trying to help this customer, I take a deep breath, sit back and think, "why am I letting this person get to me?" and then I remember:“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). So with this new set of mind, I don't respond to him, I just listen, taking in every word he has to say. He slowly began to calm down and finally we were able to get to the matter and he FINALLY understood my approach! We were both so dead set on getting our two cents in, that neither of us could hear the other.
So, yes it did bother me the rest of the day, not because of the customer, but because of the way I initally approached the situation. I must be patient, for Iam called according to his purpose. Anybody have any insurance concerns???

2 comments:

Dena said...

I feel your pain - although mine is not as important as insureance but I sure am better at invitations than anyone that walks in my store although they don't agree - PESKY customers but without them we couldn't afford our computer to blog and complain!

The LaBouffs said...

I have a 'pesky customer' most everyday (my neice)!! I have to have an attitude adjustment EVERYDAY almost. You're right though, it's all in your attitude (as I type that, I hear my mom's voice singing that!). Customer service in any way is one of the most difficult jobs, yet they don't get paid for what they have to deal with! Keep up the good work!