CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Easy Salmon

I forgot to list Salmon as one of my favorite foods. It's actually at the top of my favorites, so I thought I'd share one of my recipes. Hope you enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
6 fillets salmon
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (light mix if available)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter one 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a cup, combine salad dressing mix, water and lemon juice.
Arrange salmon fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Pour the water mixture over the top and place the sliced mushrooms over the salmon.
Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, basting with cooking liquids.

I usually serve with steamed asparagus & wild rice. Very easy and quick!

7 comments:

LeslieW. said...

This sounds yummy! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I love the fall theme of yours! Fall colors are so beautiful.

The LaBouffs said...

Yum! I don't cook fish very much because I'm not very familiar with it...but I do like to eat it. Do you buy fresh or frozen salmon filets?

Elsa said...

Fresh, always!! You can't smell if it's fresh when it's frozen. Another good way to cook it is:
make foil pockets for each salmon steak,drizzle with a little olive oil (EVOO) cover generously with seafood seasoning(ole bay or what ever you can find) then two slices of lemons. Seal pockets and bake on 300 for 30 mins. Yum Yum. Serve with Brocolli & baked Sw. Potatoes. Ok,Iam rambling.. I love to cook!!

Merrie said...

YUM! sounds delish! I'll have to try it... both of them(the one above..)

Merrie said...

You are a GOOD cook! (That's what Barbara used to say all the time.)

Penny said...

I'm saving this one - Pat and Andrew love Salmon.

Penny said...

I'm saving this one - Pat and Andrew love Salmon.