CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Why Can't we see Jesus Mama?

Why can't we see Jesus Mama? Is what Reyse asked me this morning. She sure does come at you like a loaded bullet. She further went into asking me,"Is Jesus still alive?" and when I told her yes, That he was alive and living in heaven. Then she remarked, "But he died on the cross!" Ok, I teach my children (mine, biologically & mine at church) lessons on life & the bible & scripture on a daily basis. But how and where do you begin to answer these questions? I did try and she seemed content with my answers, but then I asked myself "What more could I of said?" "am I teaching her or them the minimum or the maximum?" Then she asked me,"What do you think Jesus is doing right now Mama?" I told her," that he had just shaved, taken a bath and that he was drinking his coffee and praying over all his children" ok, so then she says,"but I thought Jesus didn't have any children." AAAAHHHHH is what I thought, she is a smart little girl. Any advise or books?

These are some other questions or remarks that she has thrown at me in the past....

*Mama, the bible says that when we get to heaven that we will sing and dance & celebrate...but how can we do that when our bones are in the ground?
*Jesus was a nice looking boy Mama, he should of found him a pretty wife!
*Mama wouldn't it be cool if I could touch people and heal them like Jesus did? He would be so proud of me if I could.

Iam telling you, her little mind is rolling all the time!!

4 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

Wow...hard questions! How old is she?? I'll do some research and get back to you on this.... ;) I am glad that she is thinking and asking questions like this though!

Merrie said...

WOW... you have got some praying to do! The good thing is that Jesus says that if we lack wisdom, we can ASK HIM and He will give it to us liberally.... sounds like you could use a good liberal dose of it!
You are doing a great job!

Elsa said...

She is 7, some days I have to remind her that she isn't 27. She is the type of person that doesn't just look at something for what it is, she wants to pick it apart to find out why, it is what it is. I wonder what she will be one day. A lawyer maybe!

Penny said...

You are such a great mom! When I first read your blog I had to answer the phone and I was all choked up. Reyse reminds me of Natalie with the questions - one day when she was six, I got the what happens to our bodies when we die and not only where do babies come from but how do they get there - All within one day!!!
And yes, Jesus does pray for His children - we are all His children. He even prays for us in the New Testament when He prays for the disciples and the ones to come after them.